[talk-au] Railway Station Naming Dispute

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:50:44 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Luke Woolley <lswoolley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Their explanation is that because the stations were officially named in the
> two word fashion a while back. In recent times, the name changed back to the
> one word version in all known publications and signage, but was not
> officially changed back.

I don't understand - the "name changed" but "was not officially
changed back"? Afaik, it's Ferntree Gully, and that's how it should be
in OSM. Sounds like the other party is getting a bit hung up on some
particular source they have designated canonical...although we have no
such policy.

Fwiw, I live near Glenhuntly Station - so named despite the spelling
of Glen Huntly (suburb) and Glen Huntly Rd.

Steve