[talk-au] Relicensing per changeset?

Andrew Gregory andrew.gregory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 02:40:27 GMT 2011

On 5 February 2011 21:35, Stephen Hope <slhope at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, yes.  This is one reason I've stopped putting data in, if I
> don't know the original source of the ways I'm working on.  If you
> want to be sure your changes can be kept, and you know the original
> way is bad, you could delete it entirely and draw your own.

Well, then what I'll do is download the areas in JOSM, save them as OSM
files and stash them. Then if where I've been is wiped out I'll have
something saved to merge in or refer to at least. If nothing else I still
have MBs of photos of street signs!

I just don't understand why data I've marked "survey" would be deleted. I
mean, I'd be surprised if there aren't some ways I've traced from Nearmaps
but unintentionally forgot to source. If those are going to be trusted, why
not stuff explicitly surveyed? Bah - sorry for grumbling.

--
Andrew