[talk-au] Nominatim - Qld Admin area - 'Cape Moreton'

Chris Barham cbarham at pobox.com
Wed Feb 16 23:49:19 GMT 2011

Hi, I've found something odd with Nominatim search in Qld.  If you
search for "Brighton, Queensland" on osm.org , open.mapquest.com.au or
by using this link:
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=brighton+queensland&format=xml
the display result is:
"Brighton, 4017, Cape Moreton, Queensland, Australia"

Why does it have Cape Moreton in the result? Brighton is part of
Brisbane City Council, (the admin boundary with Moreton Bay Council is
out in the Bramble Bay channel I think.)
Cape Moreton as a place is out on Moreton Island, so not an Admin area?

Geoscience Australia Gazetteer entries for Cape Moreton:
http://www.ga.gov.au/bin/gazm01?placename=cape+moreton&placetype=0&state=QLD
Wikipedia Cape Moreton entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Moreton

Can anyone suggest what is going on with Nominatim?

Cheers,
Chris