[talk-au] Bulk loading all the Australian Statistical Geography Standard into the OSM - a query from the Australian Bureau of Statistics [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Wed Feb 23 05:27:37 GMT 2011

Quoting Andrew Laughton <laughton.andrew at gmail.com>:

> Anybody who has used "nearmap" or Government data sources for their mapping
> therefore cannot agree to the new terms, and all of their data is going to
> be removed on 1st April 2011.

Presumably most of the current ABS data will disappear automatically
(as a special user account was set up for the original uploading) but
what happens if any of these ways are split? For example, if I split a
way because part of the way follows a river, the new way will be
counted as being created by myself, so if I agree to the terms, would
I then need to delete them separately? (or go through all my edits to
allow only some of them to be accepted?) Or am I prevented from
agreeing to the new terms because I have split ABS ways?

Mark P.