[talk-au] Bing Imagery

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 02:00:36 GMT 2011

On 4 January 2011 05:18, Ben Kelley <ben.kelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> The photos are a couple of years out of date there, but they line up quite
> well. I probably wouldn't change a road that said source=survey to match
> Bing, but I have found a few things that would have been very time consuming

The current tested version of JOSM has integrated the WMS and
slippymap plugins into the core code of the app, and allows you to
shift the background imagery. It also seems to have the ability to
grab displacement information of imagery from a remote source.

In any case if the imagery mostly matches GPS traces it might be
better to move ways to match. The imagery around Moree mostly matched
the Newell and Gywdir highway alignment, so as I was adding missing
ways, I also shifted some of the ways that had poor alignment to match
the imagery.