[talk-au] Suburb - Bal

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:48:21 GMT 2011

Sorry for the late reply, I seemed to have missed/overlooked this...

On 12 October 2010 07:39, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know where Melway gets that info from, and if we can get it
> too? Or do we just manually merge all these boundaries into the suburb
> of the same name? Ultimately, we want suburb names, not statistical
> divisions, surely...

+1

Most people most of the time don't tend to care to much for/about the
ABS boundaries, I was doing a fair bit of work importing postcodes
previously, however it might be better to trash most of the ABS data
and import a new set when it comes out, obviously this would need to
be done very carefully so as not to remove any useful information
people may have added since.