[talk-au] Question about source of low-resolution NearMap images

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Wed Jan 12 07:01:57 GMT 2011

I'm working out whether I am able to accept the new OSM terms. I
haven't used the detailed NearMap aerial photos, but what I have used
is a low-quality image at zoom 13 and 14. I used these images for the
Kiewa River in northern Victoria (this was before the detailed imagery
for northern Victoria was put in, and most of the river is still
outside the high-resolution images), and for an airstrip on Flinders
Island. Are these low-resolution images public domain (in which case I
can accept the new OSM terms), or are they copyrighted (in which case
I will need to replace this data with Yahoo or Bing data prior to
accepting)? (Bing imagery is much better, so the river will probably
need to be retraced anyway.)

Mark P.