[talk-au] Brisbane Flooding on NearMap

Brendan Morley morb.gis at beagle.com.au
Sat Jan 15 02:37:55 GMT 2011

Folks

NearMap's flood run of Brisbane is partially online.  e.g. in the CBD
through to Oxley Creek at least.

Sam Vekemans has expressed interest to me in helping trace the flood line.

All I can say to that right now is please trace not just to the level of
the visible floodwater but also the traces of where it's been.  For
example, it's fairly obvious on most of the roads where the "high tide"
of the silt/sludge has been.  This will be an invaluable resource in,
essentially, "where not to build".

I have no idea what to tag it, I'm sure you'll work something out.

Brendan