[talk-au] Looks like Nearmap is gone from JOSM slippymap plugin

Ben Last ben.last at nearmap.com
Sat Jan 15 05:03:10 GMT 2011

Er... there's lots!  Most of the FairFax media sites picked up the Sydney
Morning Herald article yesterday, and now that the latest Brisbane CBD and
Oxley surveys are up, the Brisbane Courier Mail and Brisbane Times linked
directly to us this morning (both seem to be rotating many stories about the
floods now).  So traffic is pretty damn high; we cranked up the major
Internet link's speed yesterday and we'll hold that whilst it's needed.  But
it's a pretty scalable architecture and it's working!
We're noting the links to us on our Facebook/twitter feeds also, as well as
announcing the surveys as they go online (I think Ipswitch is next).
Cheers

On 15 January 2011 12:54, Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:29:01 +0800
> Ben Last <ben.last at nearmap.com> wrote:
>
> > Also: we're being linked like crazy from several major media sources,
> > so if you can ensure you have a decent-size browser cache and avoid
> > trying to spider down large areas of tiles, that'd be very helpful in
> > reducing the load (currently around 3x the peak we saw during the WA
> > Telethon competition, and climbing).
>
> that sounds great Ben, please tell us more about the interest in your
> business

Ben Last
Development Manager
nearmap.com