[talk-au] Brisbane Flooding on NearMap

waldo000000 at gmail.com waldo000000 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 06:57:49 GMT 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> > > flood_prone=yes
> >
> > Need to expand it a little to cover how often that level is likely to
> > occur etc and/or height above the normal river level.
>
> Jan 2010 added to it somehow would be adequate?

I think it would be better to describe the flood by a height, rather
than by a date. This way, it is generalisable to future floods.

Something like:
flood_prone=yes
flood_prone:height=*

Obviously, we'd need to carefully define "height" (is it normally with
respect to some marker, or with respect to sea level, etc.?) Anyway,
the idea is that this field would describe under what conditions the
area (or way) is flood prone.