[talk-au] Victorian Coastline

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:47:03 GMT 2011

On 20 January 2011 16:27, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I doubt anyone is making the claim that it shouldn't be modified.

In the email that I responded to (and which you in turn responded to
me), there was a list of 5 options.

Option 1 was to leave admin boundaries unchanged, and not align them
(even as separate ways) to the coastline data, i.e they would
cross-cross the coastline as we improved the coastline accuracy.  As
far as I recall, each of the responses to these options nominated
option 1 as preferred.  I interpret that as support for leaving the
ABS imported data detached and unchanged, seeing there were other
options in the list for detached and aligned.

> the original email of this thread was
> about a duplicate boundary being added from another data source and
> the person importing didn't bother to merge the information properly,
> or co-ordinate their efforts with the rest of the community.

I know that, but that was no longer the topic of discussion when I
entered the thread.

Ian.