[talk-au] BYO restaurants

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 23:58:37 GMT 2011

On 27 January 2011 08:58, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although it's a non-issue here as pointed out below, we really should
> get a policy on this. IMHO tags should reflect whatever makes the most
> sense to the most people, whether that's British, American or
> otherwise.

I'd agree, except there's a bit missing. "As long as it is not
intuitively wrong for a large minority."  Not something that applies
in this case, but there are examples where large numbers of people can
get totally the wrong idea by looking at a tag alone.  It would be
nice in those cases if we could find a more neutral term, even if it
is not the one that the majority would think of first.

Stephen