[talk-au] JOSM filtering image/map tile URLs

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:07:00 GMT 2011

On 31 January 2011 03:00, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> For JOSM, the Java OpenStreetMap editor?  Really?  That's what you are asking?
>
> from josm.openstreetmap.de
>
> "Java OpenStreetMap Editor ¶
> /svn/trunk/images/logo.png
> JOSM is an editor for  OpenStreetMap (OSM) written in  Java 1.6. "
>
> Which seems to declare the core interest of the JOSM project pretty clearly.

Yes and who was responsible for writing such things, perhaps they
injected their own bias/agenda as a result?

As for the name, that goes well beyond the current thread and I'm not
going to go there.

For some time now people have been using JOSM, either privately with
xml files, or with their own private server, eg the African efforts
due to poor bandwidth.