[talk-au] Active Australian OSM contributors in light of CT/license changes

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Thu Jul 7 21:46:44 BST 2011

On 08/07/11 00:01, 80n wrote:

> The probability of collisions is quite small in practice.  We are able
> to automatically sync all OSM updates into fosm.org <http://fosm.org> in
> near real time.  Consequenly fosm.org <http://fosm.org> already has more
> content than OSM and the gap will continue to widen.  It will become a
> massive gulf if OSM ever has the courage to mass delete all non-ODbL
> licensed content, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

I opened a new OSM account (for new contributions) when it became clear
that the data I'd already entered was in danger of being deleted.  As it
transpired, I was able to accept the new conditions for my earlier data
thanks to Nearmap's resolution of the sticking point.

What particularly turns me off fosm.org is that I am unable to see a map
when I go to the site.  Using Firefox on Linux, I click on "Maps" and
get redirected to http://fosm.org/poly/tah.html#2.00/34.4/-5.9 which is
a blank screen for me.

My other two Linux browsers (Arora and Konqueror) come up with a
completely blank home page at http://fosm.org/

When I boot into Windows XP, neither Explorer nor Firefox fare any better.

What do I have to do to see an fosm map?

John H