[talk-au] Active Australian OSM contributors in light of CT/license changes

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Fri Jul 8 00:24:00 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 08:11 -0700, Steve Coast wrote:
> Why did you stop then? Is there no aerial imagery where you are other
> than nearmap?

Theres this thing in Australia called loyalty.  You seem to understand
very little about Australian culture.  Its almost the height of rudeness
after someone sets up a business to donate goods to your project, to
then turn around and say 'unless you change your business model, we dont
want anything to do with you anymore'.

With the amount of effort that has been gone to to secure the data used
in Australia to be suitable for OSM, only to have some UK mob make
changes to spit in the face of all our donors, its very little wonder
why the masses here have little respect for those who cause trouble
after we'd gone to such lengths to ask everyone to be compatible with
OSM.

David