[talk-au] Most insanely dissected street ?

John Berkers berjo at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jun 13 14:44:12 BST 2011

Hi,

We've got a few roads around here (Narre Warren South/Lynbrook) that are
split and not yet joined.  One such road is Glasscocks Road, which runs
from Dandenong Frankston Road, through through Lynbrook and Narre Warren
South to Clyde Road in Berwick.  It is currently in three parts, and you
can visualise where it is planned to go in future.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-38.0687&lon=145.2707&zoom=14&layers=M

It looks like there are a few hold-out land owners that have not yet sold
their properties for redevelopment, but as soon as they do, the road will
get filled in.

I'm not sure about property numbering at this point.  There are portions
of Glasscocks Road with houses on, some portions without.

Regards,

> Ah-ha. I think there is a simple answer. Despite being a really long
> road/s
> I don't think anyone actually lives on it. There's always space between it
> and the houses, so I'm not sure there will ever be any "33 Horse Park
> Drive"
>
> Cheers
> Nick
>
> PS - ACTMAPI site must be under change, even the road names have gone
> missing :-(
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Franc Carter
> <franc.carter at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Franc
>> >
>> > In Canberra we have a good example of the reverse problem - the
>> > not-yet-put-together street. (Horse Park Drive).
>> > It's been in two well seperated bits for years now and will be so for
>> > couple more. And yes being on the wrong bit can be a big issue.
>>
>> Will the numbering clash when they get joined ?
>>

>> > Cheers
>> > Nick

>> --
>> Franc