[talk-au] NSW Dept of Lands aerial imagery...

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Mon May 2 10:59:07 BST 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 19:33 +1000, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> Sure if we can convince them to use more liberal licensing it would be
> great. Personally I would use it for areas not covered by nearmap.

While not necessarily beneficial for future new OSM, it could be
beneficial to any forks if they could be convinced to licence under the
CC-BY licence they use for other data.  In theory it should be a simple
task for them to grant rights under a licence they already use in their
department.

> I'm not sure how we can be heard from them though. I supposed we could
> try emailing Bob.Henry at lands.nsw.gov.au as it says on the page...

Do we have anyone here (JS?) who has experience writing to these groups
asking for permission?  Im sure Ive seen template letters thrown around
on here but cant remember who has been successful at it in the past.

David