[talk-au] OSM CTs

Ian Callahan igcallahan at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:03:27 BST 2011

On 05/02/2011 09:06 PM, John Smith wrote:
> On 2 May 2011 20:55, Ian Callahan<igcallahan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I realise that if OSM is to continue in its previous guise, then the time
>> and effort expended on projects like FreeOSM will be wasted. But isn't that
>> the best outcome?
>>
> Those pushing for changes might have expected things to result in a
> fork as a result of what's happened but that isn't what has happened,
> instead the OSM community are on the verge of splintering into many
> various projects
Precisely. In all probability none of them will be viable.
>   because while people were able to go with the flow in
> the past there is no reason that is even a good idea in future based
> on all good will being blown up.
>
> So while it might be possible to salvage a status quo section of the
> community, everyone else is planning their next move at this point as
> it seems obvious that OSM-F is determined to continue ripping the
> community apart.

My point is that those agitating for change should go off and start
their own project, not hijack ours.

They are welcome to use  _our_ data providing they comply with the CTs
under which it was originally contributed, or as much of it as is
compatible with their view of propriety. But please don't destroy what
so many have worked for.