[talk-au] Nearmap badly out of date

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Sat May 14 05:28:17 BST 2011

Ross wrote

"Did you tag your ways with source=survey so that it would show them that
you had actually surveyed it?"

No I didn't though maybe I should have. There have been discussions (on
these lists) for a fer years now and the consensus opinion was that if you
upload gps tracks (and mine are all still there and identifiable) then
source=survey was not necessary. Maybe this opinion has changed over the
years, I'm not sure.
"this is mapped as highway=construction so will not be routable any way."

The section or road I'm talking about is Liz O'Niell (sic) street (re-mapped
by you) where it intersects with Renouf Street. This has been grassed over
for the time being since display homes are all along it.

Therefore OSM currently has this section as a fully routable residential
road where there is no routable road at all.

"So where are we talking about so we can see if your surveying skills are up
to the task"

Just west of this - Seery Street, Victoria Owen Circuit,Kevin Curtis
Crescent and Pickup Close.
The next nearmap iteration will also show what appears to be a road or
laneway just south of Pickup Close. The legislature website indicates that
this may be part of Kevin Curtis Crescent but the "street sign" says only
"NO THROUGH ROAD" (which is pretty obvious anyway).

Therefore, at this stage I decided to just not map this laneway/driveway but
rest assured I will do so before any houses are built on it.

Cheers
Nick