[talk-au] What to tag a fire-fighting water tank?

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:59:11 GMT 2011

True, but that doesn't mean we need to use it.  When they actually
bother to give the SI unit a name, I'll think about using it.  In the
meantime, the named metric unit of volume is the litre (L), and you
can use it with all the prefixes, including KL (or cubic metre),  ML
etc. The prefixes don't really work with the derived units, you need a
named one.


On 30 October 2011 16:19, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Might be commonly used in Australia but the SI unit is actually cubic metres.

More information about the Talk-au mailing list