[talk-au] ODbL data.gov.au permission granted

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Nov 15 15:33:52 GMT 2011

On 15/11/2011 11:58, 80n wrote:
> Can you please publish the verbatim correspondence that you have had
> with your man at data.gov.au <http://data.gov.au>?  Your
> interpretation is fine, but others may see nuances that you have
> overlooked.
>
> The statement on the wiki is not a statement from data.gov.au
> <http://data.gov.au> and counts for nothing unless you have a document
> from your man at data.gov.au <http://data.gov.au> that references it
> and says yes that's ok.  Do you have such a document?

Gosh, this is getting kakfaesque. Hope this puts this it to bed:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permission
and copied below in response to my request today, also copied below.

Mike
-------------------------------------

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email.

The attribution statement

“Contains data from Australian government public information datasets.
The original datasets are available from the Australian government data
website <http://data.gov.au/> under Creative Commons - Attribution 2.5
Australia (CC-BY) <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/> and
Creative Commons - Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC-BY)
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/>. We have also been
given explicit permission to incorporate and publish such CC-BY licensed
geographic coordinate datasets under a free and open license, including
the Open Database License, provided that primary attribution is made
here and that each dataset used is also listed here in the format
/Dataset Name, Date Published, License, Agency Name, originally
retrieved from// //http://data.australia.gov.au/
<http://data.australia.gov.au/>: “

accurately reflects what we have said.

Regards,