[talk-au] Intersections

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Mon Nov 28 04:55:15 GMT 2011

On 27/11/11 11:59, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> Just reading this:
>
> https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/pub?id=1zMm5p70Hd6dalxte42DVCGAW-C9Muy0pjHCZ8xWJT4w

While people still continue to map garbage like these
> intersections:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-37.882577&lon=145.276362&zoom=18
>
> then people will not want to use osm data at all.
>
> It's not immeditately apparent on the map but load it into josm or
> potlatch and look at all the non existant ways, reversed direction
> ways and just plain wrong ways.

And lots of lanes entered as distinct ways (implying that one can't
change lanes), when it's a lane count that would be appropriate.

What a mess.  I'm tempted to put my Garmin GPS into simulation mode and
have it simulate various entry and exit combinations.  But I already
know it'd be a dog's breakfast.

If that was in my area I'd be inclined to fix it up and put in some note
tags explaining why.

John H