[talk-au] Intersections

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:04:09 GMT 2011

On 27/11/2011, at 11:59 AM, Ross Scanlon wrote:

> Just reading this:
>
> https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/pub?id=1zMm5p70Hd6dalxte42DVCGAW-C9Muy0pjHCZ8xWJT4w
>
> While people still continue to map garbage like these intersections:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-37.882577&lon=145.276362&zoom=18
>
> then people will not want to use osm data at all.
>
> It's not immeditately apparent on the map but load it into josm or
> potlatch and look at all the non existant ways, reversed direction
> ways and just plain wrong ways.
>
> Cheers
> Ross

Gday Ross -

Good news is there are mappers out there who'd love the challenge of
fixing this intersection up, so instead of letting this bring you
down, I think a better idea is to report this on openstreetbugs. The
Melbourne region is 'clean' of bugs which to me indicates either
nobody reports them, or somebody does a great job at fixing them.

Also I read somewhere that OSM encourages contributors to "be bold
when it comes to fixing others mistakes", so I wouldn't hesitate to
dive in and get your hands dirty if you're keen.

Cheers,
Ben

PS - my first post to the list. Please forgive me if I've not followed
some special protocol.