[talk-au] Mapping things that no longer exist

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Sun Oct 16 13:09:49 BST 2011

On 16/10/2011, at 12:02 AM, Leon Kernan wrote:

> I guess i'm asking, do we map objects only as they are on the ground
> today, or is it ok to include things in the data that no longer
> exist but once did?

I can think of one non-existent road in the database that I've left
in. It is a residential street added by someone else with Bing,
however the street no longer exists (the area has had several
modifications since the Bing photography). Rather than delete the
street I have left the way in place (obviously removing the highway=
tags) with a note that it no longer exists.

Mark P.