[talk-au] Princes Highway (Relation 538443)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 03:20:15 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Princes Highway isn't really a route.  I can't get my head around
> including roads that are not the Princes Highway (where it deviates, changes
> name, etc) in a relation called the Princes Highway.  It is just wrong IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If anything, the Princes Highway
is *the* canonical road route in Australia, exactly as you describe: a
single named route that is made up of many other roads with different
names. But I'm not familiar with the Sydney end of it, so maybe I'm
missing something.

I'm also curious why there are more than one relation. Here's another
"Princes Highway" relation in southeastern Melbourne:

Note the ref tag.

According to Wikipedia, it should extend all the way from Adelaide to Sydney:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_Highway

Steve