[talk-au] [sharedmapau] Re: Plea to Australian decliners

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 01:08:56 BST 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Richard Colless <firefly at ar.com.au> wrote:
> I followed the discussion with much interest, and only decided not to accept
> the new CT's when I observed the rudeness with which the objections were
> handled. The recent spate of correspondence has done nothing to make me
> reconsider.

Hi Richard,
  I think we can all agree that the communications skills of the OSMF,
and senior OSM people, leave much to be desired. Pretty much
everything about the licence changeover was crappy. But I think
declining the CTs is taking out your resentment on the wrong people.
By not allowing your contributions to be part of OSM, you mostly hurt
the people for whom we're all doing this: the wider open content
community, and all the individuals who will benefit in many different
ways from high quality, open maps.

I signed up to the CTs, not because I agree with the licence change,
or because I like the way the change was handled, but because I care
much more the open content we're creating than I care about these
administrative matters.

Steve