[talk-au] import of state borders?

Michael Krämer ohrosm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:43:08 BST 2012

Hi Ian,

2012/8/17 Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com>

> Given Nick's comments (assuming I've understood them correctly), lets
> start this approach with the ACT, and Nick can apply his tweaks
> post-import.

Ok, I'll run the conversion and manually import the ACT data. Expect some
results over the weekend.

> Last time I looked parts of the Murray River border NSW/Vic were
> missing, and we should probably reconstruct these from the river
> itself, seeing that (the southern bank) is the border defined.

Unfortunately the river is currently only defined by a single way. So this
would require manual tracing the southern bank from aerial images. And I
guess the legal definition of the bank for the border is probably different
from OSM's definition for the riverbank.

 What other non-straight parts are we missing?

I think only the eastern part of the QLD-NSW border.

By the way, I think the entire national border of Australia is also gone.
But let's do one step after another...

Michael