[talk-au] import of state borders?

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 03:52:58 BST 2012

On 17 August 2012 17:43, Michael Krämer <ohrosm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately the river is currently only defined by a single way. So this
> would require manual tracing the southern bank from aerial images. And I
> guess the legal definition of the bank for the border is probably different
> from OSM's definition for the riverbank.

I don't think there is a substantial difference between the OSM
riverbank definition and the legal definition.

I've made a start, and the first hundred kms or so of the river now
has a riverbank and an OSM line in the sand against those pesky
mexicans.

So far, the aerial imagery appears well aligned and suitable.

Ian.