[talk-au] Missing data

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Tue Aug 21 04:18:29 BST 2012

If Diego initially mapped the area, then it should be reverted to his edits. More likely:
> 1 Someone else maps the area initially
> 2 You later remap it
> 3 License change announced
> 4 Initial mapper does not agree to new CTs
> 5 remapped data deleted by redaction bot

Some of your information may remain, but not visible on the map. While remapping, I have seen some fragments of ways with no tags, or few tags (e.g. surface = asphalt, no other tags) - these won't show on the map. Also, some ways have been deleted but some of the nodes remain. (E.g. when I remapped the Tasman Highway, large sections were missing from the map, but the nodes still remained, along with a few short ways with no tags - I just had to play join-the-dots.)

On 21/08/2012, at 12:49 PM, Ben Kelley wrote:
> It sounds like the redaction bot then.
>
> E.g.
>
> 1 You map the area initially
> 2 someone else later remaps it
> 3 License change announced
> 4 remapper does not agree to new CTs
> 5 remapped data deleted by redaction bot
>
> Hopefully now you are seeing
>
> 6 someone else remaps streets deleted by the redaction bot
>
>   - Ben Kelley.

Mark P.