[talk-au] School Zones

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:38:12 BST 2012

On 24/08/12 03:18, Ben Johnson wrote:
> So... with the prospect of re-editing, and the uncertainty of the maxspeed:(condition) proposal, this has lead me full-circle back to thinking the simple [restriction = school_zone] tag is the most effective method to mark a school zone for later refinement. We could include the extended information (e.g. operational times and days) as either a [note = ...] (notes are not displayed to end users), or even a [description = ...] (descriptions are potentially displayed to end users as text hints/guides).
>
> Does anyone else have thoughts about school zones? I'm particularly interested in whether we can come up with a method that is appropriate for all states.

I went through the same thought process as you, and came to the same
conclusion.

School Zones only apply school days, so the times of application can't
be captured.  They have different demerit point structures.

See this photo..

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4364/gopr1691.jpg

Obviously someone regards a school zone as distinct from a maxspeed.

Ian.