[talk-au] School Zones

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:25:22 BST 2012

I came to the opinion that a maxspeed tag didn't really capture a school
zone, even with complex time restrictions.

Possibly it makes more sense to keep using restriction=school_zone but as
others have pointed out, probably nothing reads these. I know some brands
of car GPS devices can warn you about a school zone, but I don't think
there are any that could get this from OSM.

For now I preserve these tags if I am editing a way that has them, but I
don't add them if they are not there already.

  - Ben Kelley.