[talk-au] Bulk up load of data from Tasmanian Parks

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:26:36 BST 2012

On 29/08/12 08:01, Ian Sergeant wrote:
>> It would be best if they could upload their data with a free license
>> directly to their website http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/
>
> This sounds to me more like a grass roots initiative from someone who just
> happens to be employed by parks.
>
> If we can get a person who walks trails for a living being engaged with OSM
> and updating the map or even providing GPS traces as well as trail
> descriptions to someone interested in updating the map we should do what we
> can to help this happen.
>
> This data is worth its bits in gold, in my opinion.

Oh I didn't read it that way. If they own the copyright to the data
themselves that is a different story, but "...is happy to upload Parks
database of information." probably means the data is crown copyright and
we would need to ensure that the data is released to us under a free
license.

Either way it is great if we can get more people involved in OSM.