[talk-au] Boundary removal.

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Wed Feb 1 23:37:28 GMT 2012

Quoting Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com>:

> I think doing a JOSM search for user:ABS2006 does everything we want here.
>
> Because JOSM is only aware of the most recent user, this selects all V1
> ABS2006 imported objects only.  Relations, nodes and ways.  These can then
> be deleted with a single click.
>
> If the relations, ways, and nodes are all unmodified this will delete them
> all.  If anything has been modified, it leaves it.  If you are doing it
> over a small area, it is possible to check any unselected boundary
> relations as well, to check if the modifications are significant, and
> manually tidy up around the edges.
>
> Do you want me to try this on a small area (like Canberra :-) to see if it
> gives the desired results?

Canberra has already been done using this method - I've currently got
JOSM set to only show boundaries, all apart from author=ABS2006 greyed
out, and certain other ways greyed out (highways, railways,
coastlines, state/country borders). I've also been deleting relations
once there are no longer any ways in them.

I haven't looked at all the state borders yet, but some of them at
least are based on ABS data - prior to the ABS import, was there other
data for state borders that can be undeleted, or will we need to add
these in again?

Mark P.