[talk-au] Back in editing - Tracks and 4wd areas

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Thu Jan 5 07:29:12 GMT 2012

Quoting David Findlay <david at woodypointcomms.com.au>:

> I've recently recorded various bush walking, biking and 4wd trails, most of
> which aren't easily visible from aerial imagery. Is this ok?

The more GPS tracks, the better. I recently added bushwalking tracks
at Carnarvon Gorge, Queensland, and found I was having some problems
with 'canyoning' in some sections, so having several traces was a big
help when mapping this section.

> How should I mark 4wd trails? Thanks,

highway=track; surface=unpaved; if 4wd only then also add 4wd_only=yes

Mark P.