[talk-au] Finding missing streetnames

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Fri Jan 6 05:31:26 GMT 2012

On 6 January 2012 04:57, Mark Pulley <mrpulley at lizzy.com.au> wrote:
> Quoting Chris Barham <cbarham at pobox.com>:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 13:47, David Findlay
>> <david at woodypointcomms.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>> Cloudmade has a noname map style:
>>
>> http://maps.cloudmade.com/?lat=-26.758333&lng=152.854242&zoom=14&styleId=3&opened_tab=0
>

> This used to be also available from the main OSM maps, but I've just noticed
> it has disappeared - anyone know why?

Yes, the Cloudmade noname layer was (is?) upto a few months behind
current OSM data and at times suffered from poor performance. Poor
reflection of OSM.
2 new layers were added in its place; OCM Transport Layer (pushing
features in rendering, fairly unique style, current) and MapQuest Open
(Regional styles, looks good, current)

Nonames layer has also been replaced by better tech as per thread.
(eg: OSM Inspector)

Regards
 Grant