[talk-au] maxspeed removal

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Jan 9 02:12:18 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I've removed the maxspeed tags from about 1000 roads in Redcliffe
(Brisbane) with changeset

There were no maxspeed:source or source:maxspeed tags on these objects
so it is possible that I have removed data that was carefully
surveyed.  I apologize for that and for making a mass edit in a place
I have yet to visit.  This is poor behaviour, I hope that it will be
helpful as a demonstration.  I hope that this will clean the area up a
bit in the quick history service so that other, more substantial
issues with the data are apparent.

If successful, perhaps mappers will find this a helpful technique in
reconciling data in their area.

Best regards,
Richard