[talk-au] [sharedmapau] Re: Mass revert now??

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:02:51 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a pretty lame example. It'd be more like if I dropped off said
> car, you decide the block off the lane way behind your house and then
> complain you can't use the car because I should supply a crane to move
> it after the road rules were changed...

Well, I guess that's the heart of the matter. I don't see much
comparison between "please tick this box" and "supplying a crane". The
point is you're still fighting a battle which is well and truly
finished, and your options are to either tick the box, or to in effect
erase all the hard work you've put in. To take the latter course of
action is both throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and cutting
off your nose to spite your face - since we're being metaphorical and
all that.

Steve
(Yes, you may argue that it's not you doing the erasing, it's OSMF,
but the effect is identical.)