[talk-au] maxspeed removal

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:13:39 GMT 2012

Btw, how does Potlatch etc determine whether an object is "tainted"?
Does it look at all the changesets that affect the object, or is it
able to determine the source of each key?

The reason I ask is imagine an object like this:

v1: highway=residential
v2: highway=residential, maxspeed=50, maxspeed:source=default
residential max speed
v3: highway=residential, maxspeed=50, maxspeed:source=default
residential max speed, name=Wilson Drive
v4: highway=residential, name=Wilson Drive [ie, removing the maxspeed tags]

Presumably John Smith's edit would still be in the history, and it
would be problematic for something like Potlatch. What we need to
actually do is remove the unwanted changeset somehow.

(But maybe you knew all that. I'm actually not that clear on how
changesets are managed, or how the proposed deletion of data will
ork.)

Steve