[talk-au] Splitter decliners

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:21:55 GMT 2012

Mike wrote

"I also want to check what happens when
an accepting user has subsequently made changes over the top."

Yes Mike this is the real problem. If we just revert a decliner edit
then all acceptor edits after that will go up in smoke. Whereas I
believe that in the licence change the DWG will be able to
(for a lot of cases) get rid of decliner edits) without affecting
subsequent acceptor ones.

I'm looking into the maxspeed edit problem (with expert help)
and intend to sort out the boundary issues to some extent
(see other post). Apart from that I'm up to my eyeballs in
remapping various areas around Australia and overseas
so as usual I'll ask a lot of questions but have few answers :-(

Once the licence change is complete and we have put back
all our data, I intend to get heavily into writing programs to
use OSM data.  (The first program will be for my phone
-to warn me when I'm about to be attacked by a magpie on my
new (1st in 35 years) push bike).

I have a few questions about tempory hazard data in OSM but
that'd better wait for another day!

Nick