[talk-au] BP service station import

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Jan 16 10:54:41 GMT 2012

Someone kindly updated the import catalogue page to suggest where the BP
service station import came from. I have followed it up and have
permission to use as copied below. I will also put a copy up for public
record. This, or something similar, was imported by a declined user who
refused to say where it came from, so all the stations will go as well
as subsequent modifications.

If anyone wants a go,  the (small) files can be found at
http://www.bp.com/iframe.do?categoryId=9026935&contentId=7049357 and are
in the format below.

Whether they *should* be imported again is another matter.  A couple of
locations could be checked against known points for accuracy. There will
also be duplication, though that is fairly easy to fix bit by local mappers.

Mike

-----------------------------

"Site GPS Data - All states" file

NAME,X,Y
17 Mile Service Centre,131.02937000,-12.51528700
AA Bayswater,145.27024300,-37.83459700
AA Box Hill,145.11703800,-37.81705200
AA Box Hill South,145.12221200,-37.82860400

"Site Locations - All states" file

Name, LocationNo, Street, Town, State, Postcode, Phone, Unlead,
PremiumUnlead, BPUltimate, E10, Diesel, Any_Autogas, Hours_24, Trailers,
LPGBottle, Toilets, CarWash, CleanGo, SuperWash, Other, Pay, EFTPOS,
GIFT_CARD, ATM, Restaurant, TruckStops, Express, BP_UltimateDiesel
17 Mile Service Centre,5354,Virginia Rd,Virginia,NT,0835,08 8983
1511,N,Y,N,N,Y,N,N,N,N,Y,N,N,N,N,N,Y,N,N,N,N,N,N
AA Bayswater,3015,362 - 366 Bayswater Rd,Bayswater,VIC,3153,03 9729
4574,Y,Y,Y,N,Y,Y,Y,N,Y,N,Y,Y,N,N,N,Y,Y,Y,N,N,N,N
AA Box Hill,3847,839 - 843 Whitehorse Rd,Box Hill,VIC,3128,03 9890
2086,Y,Y,Y,N,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,N,N,N,Y,Y,Y,N,N,N,N
AA Box Hill South,3828,891 Canterbury Rd,Box Hill,VIC,3128,03 9899
2152,Y,Y,Y,N,Y,Y,Y,N,Y,Y,N,N,N,N,N,Y,Y,Y,N,N,N,N

-----------------------------
Subject: RE: Contact Us Form -  OpenStreetMap
From: "Customer Service Centre, BP Australia" <custcare.bpaust at se1.bp.com>

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BP.

This information is available for public use and we have no objection to
its use in OpenStreetMap.

Kind regards,

*Elena* |* Senior Customer Service Administrator - Enquiries*|* BP
Customer Response
*Phone 1300 1300 27 | Fax +61 3 9667 7714
_www.bp.com.a__u_ <http://www.bp.com.au/>

P* Please consider the environment before printing this email *