[talk-au] BP service station import

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Jan 16 17:10:48 GMT 2012

On 16/01/2012 13:36, John Berkers wrote:
> Michael,
>
> There also appears to be some information related to the location of Coles
> Express (Shell) service stations on their web site at:
>
> http://www.colesexpress.com.au/store-locator/gps-poi.aspx
>
> There are data sets specifically formatted for use by Garmin, Navman and
> Tom Tom devices, however, there is a general statement that the data can
> be converted to support other formats.
>
> Is it worth investigating the possibility of confirming that Coles Express
> fits within their own terms of acceptable use, and investigate importing
> their data also?

Thanks John. Yes good idea, so I have just sent them a request and will
report back if I get a result.

I've also found the corresponding CalTex .csv file, (bottom of
http://www.caltex.com.au/HelpCentre/SiteLocator/Pages/FindAServiceStation.aspx
) and am contacting them now. Like the BP, it is probably in OSM already
but must be removed.

Mike