[talk-au] BP service station import

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:09:48 GMT 2012

My thoughts on petrol stations imports.

The first import had some really dodgy data. The first one I checked,
in my home town, was so far off from the actual position that you would
have run out of petrol just trying to find it.

What I'd really like to see is BP, Caltex, Shell etc take some
responsibility for their own data and manually check it and put in into
OSM themselves. This way they can keep it up to date and put in all the
information that they feel may give them a competitive advantage over the
others.

In turn they would probably request the station owners/operators to
keep the OSM data up to date for them. This would be ideal.