[talk-au] What's best to do with ways split by decliners?

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Sun Jul 1 00:05:40 BST 2012

I have noticed in my local area that there are some ways that I added (as version 1), that have subsequently been split by ODBL-decliners. The new ways created by them are currently showing up in the badmap view at http://cleanmap.poole.ch/ .

What is the best way to rescue this data (as the nodes are still my version 1 nodes, apart from the additional nodes where the way is split). Is merging the new ways back into my version 1 way enough to save this data (removing the additional nodes)?

Example - shared footway/cycleway:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.405771&lon=149.604525&zoom=18&layers=M
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/29702607- my original way
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/38534914 - additional way containing my nodes (apart from one end of the bridge)