[talk-au] Major road list for AUS

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Jul 2 23:47:10 BST 2012

I've been generating lists of tainted bits and pieces of major roads for
a couple of countries for a while (the data is extracted from the
cleanmap DB and comes with the same caveats).

I've actually been running this for AUS the whole time, but haven't
published the results. I've now uploaded the file to
http://odbl.poole.ch/aus_major_and_secondary_roads.txt

Stats

motorway/motorway_link    1032
trunk/trunk_link                    2725
primary/primary_link            5085
secondary/secondary_link    8371

While the numbers may seem high, they are a lot lower than they used to be.

Note the purpose of the list is to enable targeted remapping not
anything else.

Simon