[talk-au] mapping Sydney, etc with Tasking Server

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Jul 28 23:46:26 BST 2012

Well since this is mainly for armchair mappers that don't have an easy
way of verifying street names, I would suggest simply tracing as good as
possible (no houses for now :-)) so that we get a road network back.
Even if we have a majority of roads without names in some places, we can
route still to those that have retained them. Setting the tile to "Done"
avoids another mapper going over it again just looking for stuff to trace.

The system allows for a 2nd pass "verfication" pass which could be used
for adding names and other stuff from the locals. In any case in the end
I suspect we will all be using either the no-name OSMI layer ir
something similar.

Simon