[talk-au] [sharedmapau] Re: Plea to Australian decliners

Richard Colless firefly at ar.com.au
Sat Mar 31 03:59:39 BST 2012

I did decline the new terms. And I was contacted, as I said, just once,
by someone trying to persuade me to change my mind. My point was that
OSM never  contacted me to say that a licence change was being
considered. That is hardly the right way to go about making a major
change to the system.

I also take issue with this statement:

Declining hurts fellow Australian mappers who have in good faith build
data on-top of your contributions and will leave animosity between our
projects.

Don't try blaming decliners for the hurt to other mappers. If anyone
built up on my edits, and their work gets deleted as a result, blame
OSM, not the members who declined.

Richard