[talk-au] Plea to Australian decliners. An agreement from morb_au.

Brendan Morley morb_au at commonmap.info
Sat Mar 31 00:20:47 BST 2012

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the invitation.

It's time for me to show some leadership on this issue.
I'm going to agree to OSM's request for new Contributor Terms.

For sure, the OSM licence change made me think long and hard about what
I really wanted to get out of my contributions.  And that's a
conversation for another day.

But my philosophy is pretty simple.

Ultimately I want my contributions to be "write once, use anywhere".

But there are practical considerations. Many of my contributions were
built upon work that did not explicitly agree to OSMF's new terms;
NearMap and Yahoo in particular.  Could I really agree to the OSMF terms
anyway?

In private conversations with @rweait and @melaskia I have been assured
that yes, I can.  I'm certainly keeping @rweait's email for safe
keeping, just in case.

There being no further excuses not to accept OSMF's offer, I am going to
say yes.  It would be petty of me to continue to hold out.

I would suggest if other holdouts have had similar concerns, they
consider this philosophy and see if it works for them.  Quickly.

Thanks,
Brendan

--
Brendan Morley
President, CommonMap Inc.
morb_au at commonmap.info
http://commonmap.org/
Queensland Incorporated Association 37762
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn