[talk-au] Tagging for "unofficial" Cycle routes in Lake Macquarie?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue May 1 14:30:56 BST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> In other words we're human mappers.  Official cycle routes are often
> wrong, as other mapping services are often wrong.  And yes, we should
> be able to correct cycle routes when they don't correspond to an
> amenable through route on the ground.  It's a fair jump from this
> position to being able to enter personally preferred routes, or that
> we should automatically link two route sections just because they are
> close.

Some of our German mapping-cousins have mapped places where street
signs vary from one end of the street to the other, and provided that
feedback to the municipality.  The municipality was able to correct
the sign-typos.

Perhaps accurately showing cycle route gaps on OSM will allow those
interested in advocacy to argue for the completion / extension of that
infrastructure to fill in the gaps.