[talk-au] traffic lights on dual carriageway intersections

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:48:50 GMT 2012

On 07/11/12 23:21, Steer wrote:

> So, Ian Sergeant has presented reasoning why we should not pursue more
> complicated schemes for applying traffic lights to intersections of
> dual carriageways -- fair enough.

That is not quite what I said.

I'd be happy to see a more detailed schema that is expressive enough to
indicate where the stop line is, the physical location of the signals,
which signals are in sync, how many signals on a journey, etc.

The current one tag/independent node system means that you need to make
a choice in what you can represent.

Since I can't see a way to generally and accurately represent traffic
light count in the current schema, I think that is the wrong choice to
represent just on dual carriageways.

I think a relation that links these nodes is probably inevitable.

Ian.