[talk-au] Historical rail lines

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 09:29:00 GMT 2012

Hi Matt,
  The question about mapping old, historical features is much wider than
just the Australian context. I'm pretty sure the current consensus is that
we old rail lines should be mapped - even if there is not much to see on
the ground. There might be more than you think - there's a station building
(now a community hall, I think), other things too, perhaps. There are
probably other former railways about with much less to see (the Rosstown
Railway comes to mind) - at least with this one there are physical remnants
such as tracks.

So, yes, I object. Feel free to raise the issue on the main OSM talk list
though.

Steve